Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I can't wait to be ALIENATED!

I am SO happy to say that a girl in my online writing group, Melissa Landers, has signed a SECOND mulit-book deal (her first was a Romance trilogy as Macy Beckett), this time with Disney-Hyperion!!



Melissa Landers's ALIENATED, in which a high school valedictorian takes in an extraterrestrial exchange student in order to receive a college scholarship, prompting a national controversy that spins out of control, only to find herself falling for her mysterious alien friend, to Laura Schreiber at Disney-Hyperion, in a very nice deal, in a pre-empt, in a two-book deal, by Nicole Resciniti at The Seymour Agency (World).

Melissa has worked relentlessly on Alienated, formerly Outworlders, and I think the coolest part about all this (besides having Disney-Hyperion backing you) is that this was her 2009 NaNoWriMo project!

Congratulations Melissa! This totally gives me something to look forward to in 2013 and I know this is just the beginning of your long, fabulous career!


You can meet Melissa here, here, and here and follow her here.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Melissa! Love the Ariel gif...now I want to dance while listening to Caribbean music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the blog love, Crystal!

    I couldn't be more excited. I've been shaking my maracas exactly like Ariel. ;-)

    ReplyDelete