1. Julie, Andrea, and I are currently in Savannah for the Savannah Book Festival, Mardi Gras (WOOOO! Book Nerds gone crazy!), and the beach. Julie's uncle owns a resort down here and is letting us stay in a 3 bedroom condo dirt cheap. This place is AMAZING so I've included a few photos. Another thing worth mentioning is on the drive in, we saw Barbie Beach!
Yes, someone made a Barbie diorama in their front yard somewhere in Georgia
2. I've known Andrea online for a few years and I'm SO happy we finally got to meet. She is so cool and she knits! I don't think I've talked about it much on here, but I've been desperately wanting to knit or crochet and have been trying to teach myself via YouTube videos but it's so much better having a real live person to instruct you and she's a fantastic teacher. Look what I learned how to do last night!
3. Some of my friends did a Valentine's gift exchange and my good friend Jennie drew my name. She sent me The Hunger Games illustrated movie companion and my mom told me there's ANOTHER box from her waiting at home. I'm excited to be in Savannah this weekend, but I'm a bit anxious to get home because I LOVE fun mail!
4. The same friends set up a Secret Sister thing through Elfster and over the next few months we'll be sending out draw random little things like notes, candy, or whatever else tickles our fancy just to let them know somebody is thinking of them. I love this idea because sometimes all you need is an unexpected surprise in the mail to make your day a little brighter.
5. The lovely and uber talented Smash is presenting at an awards show in her town and Chita Rivera will be in attendance. To be honest, I'm not up on my Broadway stars but I was informed by various people this is BIG and I'm so excited for her and I've seen her dress. You guys, this girl is going to look absolutely fantastic. Which, if you know her, is not unusual.
I hope you all have a great weekend!