1. Does anybody remember the 90's boyband 5ive? This was their hit single and I was reminded if them while typing the word "five." Enjoy. If you were wondering, yes, I had their CD and probably still do somewhere.
2. I'm back in school! I'm currently going to a community college nearby to get a few courses under my new major in, Business Administration, then hopefully transferring to the local university. College has been a bumpy ride for me but after taking the last 2 years off, it feels good to be back in the classroom. It DOES help that my head is in a better place too. I'm currently taking Statistics I, Accounting I, Macroeconomics, and Business Law.
3. I was recently given the chance to be production manager on my friend's independent film. It was absolutely amazing. We wrapped filming this past Sunday and I cannot wait to see the finished product. Everybody that worked on it did a great job and I really hope I get to work with them all in the future.
4. The Decatur Book Festival is next week! I can't wait because I get to see some friends again and I get to finally meet some other friends from my online book club. It's going to be a fabulous weekend of book nerdery and it is going to be much needed.
5. Today was one of the most emotionally draining days I've ever had. My Mother-in-Law, my husband, and I had to say goodbye to their dog of the last 14 years, Annie. She's been having a a rough time lately and it had gotten to the point where her tail was always tucked and she couldn't even squat to go to the bathroom, among many other ailments. The three of us said goodbye together and dug a grave for her in my Mother-in-Laws backyard under a tree. I've cried so much today I didn't think I had any tears left. I just proved myself wrong. You will be greatly missed and forever loved pup.
RIP Annie 6/9/1997 - 8/26/2011