Friday, August 19, 2011

All 4 Alabama Update


As many of you know, earlier this year tornadoes ripped through the south and left nothing but destruction in its wake. Wanting to do something, I teamed up with the fabulous Courtney and we began All 4 Alabama that consisted of auctions to benefit and rural Alabama town that needed a little extra help.

The town Courtney and I decided upon was Hackleburg, Alabama and I am beyond ecstatic to say that with the help of so many wonderful people, we were able to donate $8,309.41 to Hackleburg Helping Hands.
This organization was created after the tornadoes hit by the people of Hackleburg FOR the people of Hackleburg. Courtney and I are SO thankful to everyone who donated items for the auctions and to those who bid. You are all rock stars in my book.

I can't begin to tell you what I'm feeling after this experience. I am BURSTING with joy and am so happy that all the hard work has paid off and we can start seeing this money be put to good use. 

So THANK YOU to everyone who was involved. I am not joking when I say that it wouldn't have been possible without you and you have a fan for life right here.

To Courtney, you are an amazing and caring person and I am so happy to call you my friend.

To everyone else, just because we aren't in the news anymore, doesn't mean that all is well yet. Every day I drive by areas where there's nothing but rubble. Where trees once stood tall and strong, you can see what's left of the houses behind them covered in tarps. 

Remember, every little bit helps and although the auctions may be closed it doesn't mean you can't still donate to Hackleburg's Helping Hands. They would appreciate it more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment