Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Five (5)

1. The husband and I found a house! It's absolutely gorgeous and the second I walked in the door I had the "wedding dress" feeling. I could see us living there for a long time and can't wait to hear back from the agent. The only bad news is that it's a foreclosure and it had taken a drastic price drop and we're not the only ones who want it. I think our offer is a solid one and I hope we're the winners. I'm going to be seriously bummed if we don't get it.

2. I turn 27 next Wednesday. I don't know why, but this is the first birthday I've started freaking out about. I think part of the reason is that I don't feel like I've DONE anything and that I'm just behind in life. I look at all these other people my age who have and it's kind of depressing. BUT, for said birthday, Husband and I are going to Ally Condie's book signing next Thursday and after that we're heading to Charleston, SC for YALLFEST! I'm so excited about it because not only do I get to spend an afternoon listening to fabulous authors but I get to meet Michelle Hodkin (finally!) and see my nestie friend, Jennie, again.

3. I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I'm already behind but I hope to be able to get caught up today. I'm at just over 2k words but I plan on getting some stuff done at work since Friday afternoons are usually slow.

4.I finally ordered a new point-and-shoot camera. I've been wanting a new one for MONTHS but there just wasn't anything out that I thought was worth getting. This is the camera I got and I should be getting it today. Now I'll be prepared for good pictures at YALLFEST.

5. My friend Anne is heading up the Magic City Literati and tonight is our first dinner/get together. I'm really looking forward to seeing her and my other friend Natalie. I'm also pretty excited to meet new writers in my area. It should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I can't wait for YALL Fest girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic City Literati sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn 26 in 2 weeks. I freaked over 25 and am just sad over 26. It is exactly what you said - I don't feel like I've done anything.
    blah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 32 and feel exactly the same way. You're awesome girl...and don't you forget it.

    ReplyDelete