Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Five (6)

I hope that everyone has had a fabulous week! My week so far has been pretty quiet but good, however, it's not over yet!

1. The husband and I are leaving tomorrow morning to head to Charleston, SC for the first ever YallFest! I can't tell you guys how excited I am for it! I know I mentioned this last week, but it deserves another mention. Especially because it'll be my first time visiting Charleston AND I'll get to see Jennie again! I met her for the first time (in person) at DBF and I can't wait to see her again because I think she's pretty awesome.

2. I turned 27 this past Wednesday. It was a pretty low key day that consisted of a Macroeconomics test, a movie (the Hubs and I saw In Time), and dinner. Afterwards we went back to my mom's house for cake (that my husband made) and presents. I got some money, a music box, a Hogwarts blanket, cake/cupcake caddy, and Crazy Stupid Love. I don't know about you, but a cake made by my husband who also got me Ryan Gosling for my birthday = most awesome husband ever!

3. NaNo is NOT going well. With everything going on I've kind of stalled at just over 2k. I plan on taking my netbook with me to Charleston because I'm going to ATTEMPT to write in the car. If I'm being honest, I don't think this is going to work well because when I try to read or even play on my phone, I start getting carsick. I've never tried typing but I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen. Here's to hoping though!

4. Yesterday before I left for class I opened the front door for the cat to look out of (Husband had taken the day off for my birthday) and I noticed our mailbox had died during the night. I had a feeling it was done on purpose and while I was in class, Husband talked to our neighbor and found out that about 2am, her son heard a noise and when he looked out the window, he saw a dark car speeding up the street with someone hanging out the window holding a garbage can. Classy, huh?

5. The best news of the week didn't even happen to me. My good friend Jessica now has an agent! I might be a little biased, but Jill Corcoran has FANTASTIC taste in clients. I can't tell you guys how absolutely THRILLED I am for Jessica. She's such a cool person, great friend, and amazing teacher and totally deserves this awesome thing to happen to her...with the quickness too! Congratulations again Jess!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your love and support, Crystal! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Charleston!!
    Yay Jess!!
    Cake + Ryan Gosling does indeed make YH the best husband ever!
    27 is an AWESOME age!
    I'm getting behind you for Nano!!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete