Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo officially begins in 40 minutes for me and this is my declaration to the world. I WILL finish NaNo this year.

I have an idea that I'm pretty excited about and I can't wait to get started on it. My biggest roadblock will most likely be this thing I can never stop myself from doing -- editing while I write. I'm going into this with a vague outline and a promise to myself that I have to write. It doesn't matter how crappy I think it is, my goal is to have 50,000 words of a manuscript in front of my face come December 1st.

I've always been my own worst enemy when it comes to writing. I have friends that are fantastic at it and I always feel like the Stephanie to their DJ, going into their closets and wearing their clothes because I so desperately want to be like them. I feel like this is my chance to prove to them that I'm cool enough to hang with the big dogs and feel like I'm not a poser.

So here's to NaNoWriMo and everyone participating. Good luck!

Are you doing NaNo this year? If so, you should be my buddy! You can find me under FunkyPineapple.

1 comment:

  1. I edit while I write, too! I wrote a good ten or eleven pages for NaNo this year, and then decided that same day to scrap it all. It's so frustrating!

    Good luck with NaNo! I added you as a buddy--my username is Stinkfist.

    ReplyDelete