Friday, April 20, 2012

Rock the Drop

I totally forgot to blog about this earlier but better late than never, right?



So last Thursday was Teen Lit Day and in honor of it was Rock the Drop! Now, the last few years I've had books and really wanted to participate. The day would come and I'd have nowhere to go and no earthly idea where to leave it in my neighborhood.

I'll just say it's not really fun trying to find a place in the Wal-Mart parking lot hoping someone picks up the book verses running it over with their truck that's decked out in camo.

However, THIS year I've moved and just in time too! I went shopping with my mom and re-discovered this book store in my new area and got two new books to leave. Not only that, but the cashier asked why I was getting two copies of one of the books and I was able to tell her about Rock the Drop and Teen Lit Day. WOOT.

I got my books together, wrote little notes and went off to drop my books. The first one was The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard and I propped it up against the window of my local Yogurt Mountain.



The second book was the anthology Corsets and Clockwork and I left that on a bench in an outdoor mall in front of Journeys/Aeropostale/Body Central.



While I wasn't exactly able to get my Ninja stealth on, it was so much fun to go back and see the books had been taken. While I wish I could've seen who got them, I just really hope they enjoy their new book.

I can't wait til next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment