Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm IT!

Last week my lovely friend Anne tagged me in this writing thing that is going around the interwebz like syphilis in an old west whore house.

The rules are, there are no rules.

Oh wait, this isn't Grease and I don't have a bitchin' car to race. Dang.

There actually are some guidelines and they are:
  1. Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
  2. Go to line 7
  3. Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are–no cheating
  4. Tag 7 other authors

I will tell you that while I'm giving you a snippet from page 7, it is not my current WIP. I have recently set this one aside to work on a contemporary YA that had been sticking its hand in my face like so


I gave up the proverbial chair cushions and I've begun writing Tristan's story. I will return to Graham and Emery but until I do so, you can get a sneak peak at their story.

From page 7 of Reaper's Revenge:


“Whoa, whoa, back up there. A Grim Reaper? You’re kidding right? Those things don’t exist.” I replied in disbelief.

“If we don’t exist, how do you explain him disappearing so fast? Us getting here? You not getting injured when I pushed you off the roof? And don't say it was a dream.”

“How should I know?” I huffed. I knew something strange was going on here, but Grim Reapers? Seriously? Wait a second…

We?! You’re one too? How can I see you if you’re supposed to be death?” The realization that he was death hit me like a paint can to the face. “Oh my god. I’m dead?” I sunk to the ground as if in slow motion, my breath coming out shaky.

He stopped pacing, “Yes and no,” he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. Sighing, he sat down in the grass in front of me and continued.

***

There you have it. My unpolished first draft snippet from page 7. 

So guess what Jennie, Jacki, Eli, Becca, Jess N., Kelsey, and Tameka. You're it! *runs away*


1 comment: