Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wiiiiii

First I want to say that I can't believe that I haven't posted this year! I was bit by the procrastination bug and we all know that he worms his way into our brains and tells us what we can do today can also be done tomorrow or the day after. Pesky little bugger.

The hubs and I have had Netflix for quite a while but it was only in the last few months that we were given the opportunity to stream shows and movies from our Wii without having to insert a disc. To be honest, when the discs were first sent out for the Wii, there wasn't much on my queue that would allow for streaming.

I don't know if you remember but one of the first things I really watching using this method was the complete series of Veronica Mars. That was the beginning of the end.

I absolutely ADORED Veronica Mars and started wondering what other shows that I had always wanted to watch and never got the chance were hanging around waiting for me.

Soon after the hubs and I met Dexter. I always heard Dexter was a great show but I just left it at "we don't have Showtime." We have since become up to date on Dexter and also have a subscription to Showtime (which we'll continue the HBO/Showtime Tango for True Blood/Dexter).* I LOVE that show now and we were even able to get my mother-in-law hooked and she bought all the seasons on blu-ray.

After we were done with Dexter, I felt this emptiness (don't make fun) of not having a new old show to fall in love with. It didn't last long because almost two weeks ago I re-met Michael Scofield and Prison Break.

I was a follower of 24 from the beginning and I know Prison Break was paired up with it but for some reason I never really got into at the time it was airing. I think part of the reason was because the first episode I actually saw on TV was in the middle of the season and I hate not seeing shows like that from the beginning. We're currently a few episodes shy of starting season 3 and I'm LOVING this ride (plus, you know, Wentworth Miller is VERY easy on the eyes..oh his eyes).

So thank you Netflix dudes for allowing Wii users to stream awesome tv shows. I'll be sad when Prison Break is over but maybe I'll fill that void with something new like Bones or Firefly or maybe an old friend like Buffy the Vampire Slayer that I haven't seen in a while.

Yes, in case you didn't know I'm a TV junkie and I love getting into new shows just like I love getting into new books.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should add to my streaming queue?


*Last summer we ordered HBO so we could watch True Blood over the summer and a few weeks ago we realized the only way we could watch season 5 of Dexter was to order Showtime. We called our cable company and without even a price change, switched from HBO to Showtime and we'll be switching back again for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. Have you watched Spartacus? Not sure how you are for gore, but this show is great.
    We have 2 seasons of Mad Men but have yet to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing good things about Spartacus. I ALSO heard that Wentworth Miller is looking to come in as Spartacus since the other guy left due to Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma .

    Mad Men is the one I keep forgetting the name to add to the queue..thanks for the reminder! I'm also considering Nurse Jackie

    ReplyDelete