1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Harper Lee's only published novel and an Alabama native. This year Monroeville, AL, where Lee still lives, celebrated the 50th anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird.
2. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
One of my favorites. Especially the poem Crowded Tub. I can STILL recite this one from memory.
3. The Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty
MarcusFlutieMarcusFlutieMarcusFlutie! Marcus Flutie wearing Backstreet Boys t-shirts. LASSODICKING!
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green
Another Alabama author and it was SO weird reading about places I know/see/drive ALL the time.
5. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Dystopian that focuses on sleep-learning and reproduction. Read this in my College World Lit class and was so much fun to discuss.
What are some of your favorite banned books?