Monday, October 8, 2012

NaNoWriMo declaration

I'm making it official and saying that I will be participating in NaNoWriMo 2012. Not only am I going to participate but I am going to try my darndest to hit 50k.

NaNo and I have had a pretty lackluster relationship in the past. I first flirted with the idea in 2009 but it was mainly because I felt like everyone I knew was doing it and I wanted to do it to (score one for peer pressure without peers doing any pressuring). Then in 2010 the fabulous Irene Latham told me that everyone has a story to tell, so that's when I decided that I would try and tell my stories. Life happened and November got away from me.

NaNo 2011 was a lot better. I actually felt prepared after doing some outlining and thinking about my idea. I got off to a strong start and got about 10k in and hit some sort of wall. I hadn't outlined as well as I had thought and I was so lost as to where my story was going to go. I had a beginning and an end but the middle just wasn't working out for me so I gave up.

I know I should've kept going but that's why I'm determined to punch NaNo 2012 in the face. I have a LOT of work to do in the remaining weeks before November 1st but I'm willing because I really want this to be my year. I've got my trusty composition notebook and my pen ready to spill its ink in preparation.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? What are you doing to prepare?


No comments:

Post a Comment